For French Learners
Grammar: My video course Finally Get It in French Grammar takes you through the full A1 level grammar with simple explanations and examples, quizzes and downloadable worksheets. I teach the course in a fun way (yes, fun grammar, believe it or not), offering explanations of each grammar term so you never have to look up what they mean.
Speaking: Do French speakers answer back to you in English? Then you need a boost in French language AND culture! Géraldine from Comme Une Française has the BEST resource if you are an expat or want to speak to normal people in France. Try this free 10 Day Crash Course and double your Frenchness.
- Bon Patron is your French autocorrect tool. If you want to practice your writing skills, type some sentences in there and it will help you with any spelling or grammar errors it can find. Sounds perfect.
- If you are baffled by French verbs, Bescherelle will help. Recommended by French teachers around the world, and it has got me through a lot of tasks - I still use it after 18 years of learning French.
- Interactive: Prémière Classe from TV5 Monde is awesome. The site contains interactive sections and videos to practice with and you can choose your menu language too.
Books & Comics
- The bestselling Short Stories for Beginners (Amazon.com | Amazon UK) by Richard Simcott and Olly Richards is suitable for anyone wanting to grow their vocabulary with story instead of flash cards.
- For intermediate to advanced French, I like Penguin Parallel Texts ( Amazon.com | Amazon UK | or in your library with some luck).
- One of France's cultural strengths is their dedication to la bande dessinée (comics), and you'll find some awesome content in books like Astérix.