Dear Fluent Reader,
I'm so excited about what I'm about to reveal to you, but first of all let me take a second to honour you as a reader of this blog.
For the last four years, I've spent over 1000 hours teaching the German language to learners all around the world.
I have had the privilege of writing this blog for you guys, recording the Creative Language Learning Podcast and connecting with incredible language learners. You were here when I quit my job, wrote my first book, published new courses. Pretty cool.
But you know what? We've never yet had the chance to meet in Germany.
A Bold New Step For German Learners
Here's what's happening: Fluent Language is going to be hosting the first ever Fluent German Retreat in October!
I am so excited about this - the event is where I'll be showing you live how you can switch into "Deutschmodus", make 10x the progress of a usual week and have an unforgettable experience.
This is the most daring teaching step I've ever taken, and I'd love for you to be part of it.
Of course I'm also hoping that it will be just the beginning, with more languages, events and retreats to follow.
Why a Retreat?
If you're a dedicated language learner, you probably spend dozens of hour staring at books and screens. I know what that feels like.
It is undeniable:
Every language learner reaches the point where they are sick and tired of repeating the same activities. The point where it's time to bring your language skills to life. You're lusting for a new experience, a language immersion that can offer that coveted German breakthrough.
You can take language courses. But as you already know, simply learning in a classroom isn't enough. It also isn't what I dreamt of offering you, because I have been dying to show you how awesome my Germany is.
With the Fluent German Retreat, you can sign up for an unforgettable week of language immersion right in the heart of German wine country.
This experience is about taking a break from your usual life, switching gears and entering your own German mode. I'll be leading the experience, building up your speaking skills, supporting you with my years of experience and knowledge.
Discover Germany's Hottest Destination
Our amazing location, the Mosel valley, deserves its own moment of attention on our blog, considering it must be one of Germany's most thrilling landscapes. It's truly special, and it's also my own home which I cannot wait to share with you.
Allow me to tell you more about what makes this place the best location for you to learn German:
- This region is hot in traveller circles right now. It was #34 on The New York Times's list of 52 Places to Go in 2016. Imagine telling your friends about how you learnt German on a wild stretch of German river, sipping the wine that was grown there..
- This is fairytale Germany! You'll get lost in the charming Gassen of Bernkastel, chat to winemakers at a wine tasting and disccover ancient Roman amphitheatres and city gates in Trier - all in your target language.
- The city of Luxembourg - a Unesco heritage city and polyglot paradise speaking 3 official languages - is only 20 minutes away.
- If you're the active type, I'll have some amazing hiking trails to recommend to you. And if you not, you'll love kicking back on a relaxing boat tour.
- The Mosel has been renowned for the quality of its wines for thousands of years. It is wine heaven. And we've all heard that language learner's wisdom about speaking more easily with a glass of wine in your hand.
Ready to hear how you can join us on the Retreat and have that German breakthrough?
You Are Invited To This German Experience
- Are you a German learner ready for a week of immersion, fun and relaxation?
- Does the prospect of speaking German for 5 days make you feel energised and excited?
- Do you want to start speaking to native Germans and boost your speaking skill by 50%?
If you said yes to these questions, then it's your perfect time to join the Fluent German Retreat.
There are only five places available, and at the current time the applications have opened and are coming in. So if you're interested and would like to secure your spot, make sure you complete the no obligation RSVP form quickly to avoid disappointment.
It's so exciting to have put this event together and to open it up for your applications. Let's meet each other in Germany!