Welcome to Creative Language Learning Podcast episode 56, with our popular roundup of this season's hottest language learning resources and tools.Read More
This post is a guest article from Tim Wenger, and I was bowled over by his motivating and positive attitudes about networking. We often hear how this can benefit people in their career, but have you ever thought to use your network by mentioning languages in the same way? Tim has some awesome tips here.Read More
Have you ever found yourself in a really good language learning flow, only to have a couple of days off and fall off the wagon? I know this has happened to me numerous times, whether when learning a language, trying to work out daily, or even trying to keep a housecleaning routine.
But now there's a perfect and beautiful answer: the Bullet Journal. Could this powerful paper-based organisation system help you get fluent in another language? Let's dive in and check it out!Read More
In episode 55, friend of the show Kris Broholm from Actual Fluency joined me to discuss mindset and accountability in language learning that come from a place of reality and gentle confidence.Read More
Grammar can be the stuff of nightmares! Imagine dozing off in the dusty haze of tables and rules…
Does it have to be that way? No! In this article, I've got 7 easy-to-follow tips that will help you learn grammar in the most effective way you've ever found.Read More
Learning German is easy with these fantastic resources for beginners and intermediate learners. From textbooks that integrate with online communities, to Twitter accounts and online courses, we've got you covered.Read More
It's one of my favourite episodes of the year - the live clips are in, so you can experience the Polyglot Gathering in 2017 with the Creative Language Learning Podcast as we bring you interviews, impressions and fun from the conference floor.
Here's just a hint of what's inside:
- Wonderful best wishes to you awesome listeners in German, Indonesian, Esperanto, Portuguese, Slovak, Korean, and more!
- Slovakia Travel Tips and insights into their unlikely national sport
- Fiel's call to arms -- how to bring more love into language learning
- The special vocabulary and handy rule 15 of Esperanto grammar
- What Gareth Popkins taught us about polyglotism...and what it has to do with your love life
With listening ears, ask questions. - Fiel Sahir
Come to an International Polyglot Event
If our episode inspired you to come and participate in a Polyglot event, check out the 2 big international conferences on the calendar:
- Langfest in Montréal, Canada -- get 25% discount when you enter promo code KERSTIN
- Polyglot Conerence in Reykjavík, Iceland
"Polyglot" is nothing to be scared of - not anymore!
If this conference has shown me anything, it's that this community called "polyglots" is ever evolving and slowly becoming an ever more supportive, familial group. It's great to see what people of all ages and backgrounds contribute...and of course it feels so fun when you're back home and suddenly realize your phone keyboard now has a Swedish dictionary installed.
To learn more about smaller events near you, check out 8 Life-Changing Language Learning Events Around the Globe here on the blog.
A lot has happened over the last 8 months and in this show you will hear stories about...
- The new languages Lindsay has been studying - and why she often changes them
- How we watch TV in other languages
- The joys of learning minority languages
- Our favourite podcasts and blog articles of 2016/17
- Where we are travelling this year
- ...and why we're a polite show
You can catch me and Lindsay at the Polyglot Gathering in Bratislava. Listen to hear more about the talks we'll seek out.
Links From This Episode
- The Fault In Our Stars Bench, Amsterdam
- Polyglot Bratislava Program 2017
- Langfest in Montréal, August 2017 <- 25% discount with this link
- FFasiwn Mecanic, a Welsh talent search show
- The Language Habit Toolkit
- Guaraní Language
- What Gets Easier When You Study More Languages?
- The Ultimate Guide to Language Learning Podcasts
- Talk the Talk Podcast
- SBS News Feeds available in 50+ languages
Your feedback is extremely important to the show. It gives us inspiration, topics, ideas, and it makes us happy. Find us on Twitter and Instagram using hashtag #cllp
You can help our show by going on itunes and leaving us a review yourself - we do read them all.